Tuesday 11 December 2012

Bun-Bun and Babushka Love.

Time well spent......




The desire to create is innate and although we may not have much time to spend on being creative; living in our frenetic mad world, a little something is often better than nothing!                                    



Over the last few weeks, I have been snatching some time to make these quirky felted brooches. I love anything that is a little bit messed up and not too pretty, and so came up with my 'bun-bun' Bunny Brooches! Each "bun-bun" (a pet name my Mum used to call my Dad when we were growing up!) has mis-matched eyes to give him (or her) an added dose of "character" and needle felted cheeks. They are stuffed with merino wool fibres and have a safety catch brooch pin on the back, not forgetting a bob-tail of course!!!

 
              

I've also been busy making Babushkas:                                                                                             






Some are plain and simple and others are a little more festive.....They're Reindeer Babushkas! (Possibly more likely to give children nightmares, but I love em!)


I am hoping that these little friends will find a new home at craft fairs, but some are also up for grabs in my Etsy shop 'The Emporium of Bamptonia' 

Peace Out Friends x




No comments:

Post a Comment