Wednesday 23 January 2013

Bamptonia Custom on ebay!

I've been busy catching up on some Blythe custom work of late, and my most recent creation is a Blythe Clone "Snow flake"



Clone dolls are fake Blythes made in China. They're known as Blybe, Basaak or Colour Changing Eyes Dolls. I guess this is a little bit like buying a pair of "Calvin Kleens"?!!! but although the quality of the dolls is a little lower than the official Takara dolls, they are arguably much the same. The hair and body can easily be replaced as can the eye chips, I suppose this is on a par with buying a Primarni coat and customising the buttons and belt..... anyway, to a customiser like me, they offer an opportunity to create amazing little characters without worrying about jeopardising hundreds of pounds. I am sure that purists would argue against, but I'm not a designer snob so it doesn't bother me. These girls also give more people the opportunity to get involved in the hobby, without too much guilt!






Little Snow Flake has had the following work done:

* Carved mouth and nose,
* New face-up using artists pastels and pencils, sealed with MSC.
* Snow flake design eyelids using pastels and acrylic.
* Twiggy Twiggy jelly pull strings and charms.
* Eyes boggled, gaze corrected and sleep eyes.
* New CoolCat scalp and dusky rose pink mohair weft.

She isn't perfect, but she has a lot of charm and is very photogenic! I enjoyed creating her.

She's currently looking for a new Mum: Ebay item number 300851292866 



2 comments:

  1. Oh I really want her--so I better go and bid !! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She would be one lucky dolly to come and live with you! :)) xXX

    ReplyDelete